For two decades Yana Castle, PhD has been offering private individual and group pilgrimages to Kathmandu Valley, Nepal. In 2017, Yana will be leading three exciting tours. Hope you will join us!
Yana Castle's tours are suited to
those who prefer a private
pilgrimage for themselves or to travel on a guided pilgrimage with their family, friends or with a small like-minded group.
Upcoming tours for 2017
Healing Wisdom Tour, Nepal Mandala Tour
and Skydancer Pilgrimage
Dates Tours are offered annually — August through December.
Healing Wisdom Tour: August 20th — 29th, 2017
Nepal Mandala Tour: September 14th — 23rd, 2017
Skydancer Pilgrimage: October 1st — 10th, 2017
Cost $2950 not including airfare.
Call 510 990-1711 for more information or feel free to use the contact form.
Activities Please see individual tour descriptions.
Healing Wisdom Tour
This specialized pilgrimage tour concentrates on your personal healing with instructions and practices in:
• Eastern healing methods (Ayurvedic, Tibetan and shamanic)
• Indigenous methods (meet with renowned healers, shamans, kumaris (living goddesses)
• A master class in sound healing
• A Vedic medical astrology chart and reading
• Yoga instruction
• A two day meditation retreat in a spectacular mountainous setting
• Guided tours to sites with a focus on healing throughout Kathmandu Valley
For more details, see individual tour page
This tour is recommended for medical professionals, alternative health practitioners and those with a serious interest in Eastern healing methods. Some participants choose this tour to discover adjunct and alternatives methods to conventional Western treatments with the aim to facilitate their own personal healing.
Thank you for this tour, Yana. The trip was quite the adventure and it definitely gave me what I was looking for in many aspects so I thank you again for setting this all up for me! It was worth every cent!
Nepal Mandala Tour
This pilgrimage tour is a general overview of Himalayan arts, spiritual traditions and culture in the Kathmandu Valley. Included in this tour:
• Visit shrines and temples to gods and goddesses of the Buddhist, Hindu and indigenous Newari traditions throughout Kathmandu Valley
• Learn a sacred Charya dance lesson (once considered a highly secretive prayer)
• Visit with shamanic healers
• Guided tours to major temple and shrine sites and museums
• Learn about the iconography and architecture, rituals and other practices of the peoples of this Himalayan region through a lectures with art curators and local scholars.
Artists, historians, students, retirees and those with a deep curiosity of the East and the Himalayan culture are encouraged to join this tour.
My time in Nepal with Yana was mind-expanding and magical. Nepal’s soulful, ancient culture taught me a lot about myself. It enriched me. As a result, I left Kathmandu feeling empowered and renewed.
Thank you so very much for trusting your calling, your intuition bringing us all here on this very important journey that will no doubt change all of our lives.
This tour focuses on Tibetan Buddhist temple and shrine iconography and ritualistic practices of the dakinis (skydancers) and female deities of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition (Tara, Vajrayogini, Vajravarahi, Kurukulla, Simhamukha (lion-headed dakini) and Yeshe Tsogyal (Queen of the dakinis),
You will receive:
• Tantric meditation instruction and dharma practices in a mountainous retreat setting
• Dream yoga and Tsa Lung instruction (yoga of the ancient Bon tradition)
• Private audiences with yoginis, female shamans and healers
• A lecture on the peaceful and wrathful dakinis in a beautiful setting in Boudhanath
• Guided tours to sacred sites throughout the Kathmandu Valley with a focus on the sacred feminine
Recommended for beginning and advanced female practitioners of Tibetan Buddhism, healers and women interested in the divine feminine and Eastern spirituality.
My first visit to Nepal, guided by Yana Castle, was a journey of both heart and soul. Yana's knowledge of Kathmandu and the Sacred Feminine provided a special foundation for exploration and inquiry of Nepal, as well as for my own spiritual unfolding. I greatly appreciated Yana's contagious passion for this magical land and her people.